Wednesday, December 12, 2007

She's Two




Lucy turned two years-old today.
Cathy got some information about starting cardiac rehab soon.
I'm practicing my own rehab, "My name is Chris, and I'm ...."

Cathy had her Cuamadin level checked today, and it is getting near where it needs to be.

My mom's birthday was yesterday, and guess what great son remembered to call her and wish her well?
I'm hoping it was at least one of my brothers, because it wasn't me.
Cathy's not to blame as she reminded me, but I let it get too late.
I'm calling her the second I'm done with this!

Cathy's birthday is in six days, and then Jesus' is shortly after that. Can I get a break from the birthdays?

We're having a joint birthday this Saturday at our house where we will throw all of the December birthday people (except Jesus) into the mix and have one big cake, and get back to our lives.

Here are some of the best things you don't know about yet, but for which you will thank me:

1. Colin Hay's music--he is the lead singer from the 80s group, Men at Work, and his new accoustic songs are the exact opposite of everything I wrote about Kristofferson yesterday. It's good to have balance. I recommend "Beautiful World, Waiting for My Real Life to Begin, My Brilliant Feet, and the accoustic version of Overkill, which was an electric hit for Men at Work in the 1980s.

2. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (TV show)--it's terribly irreverent, but very, very funny. You will not be proud of yourself for laughing at it, but laugh you will. It's basically Seinfeld for the new millenium without a lot of the euphamisms. It's on a cable channel, and since we don't have cable, I bought the first two seasons on dvd.

3. Frederick Buechner's writings--he is an ordained Presbyterian minister who has written fiction and non-fiction books about Christianity (an excerpt, "True history has to do with the saving and losing of souls, and both of these are apt to take place when most people-including the one whose soul is at stake-are looking the other way.") If I could meet any living author today, it would be Frederick Buechner.

But, enough of me telling you what to do.

No comments: