Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Breakfast Food--Harvey Style!



I'm really not a "foodie."
You know what I mean. Someone who enjoys gourmet fare and complex taste combinations, and call tell the difference in a bottle of wine by some standard of measurement other than a receipt.

I have pretty simple tastes.
My favorite flavor is "a lot."

Recently, we got a delivery of "breakfast foods" (homemade muffins and coffee cake...and a twelve pack of Sam Adams Beer.)
It brought to mind the lyrics from the Kris Kristofferson classic, "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down,"

"Well I woke up Sunday mornin; with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt,
and the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for dessert."

The fact that Kris Kristofferson is a forgotten name in the American Music Scene is a prima facia indictment of our musical artistic decay.

The bandwagon for Johnny Cash only really started when he was on his deathbed, and wasn't threatening the Industry with his values (the values other than Percocet and Methamphetamine addiction, I mean!) I was secretly hoping that Kristofferson would be caught in the Cash momentum. It's sad that most people think of him primarily as an actor.

If you ever begin to feel too good about your lot in life, get too giddy thinking happy thoughts, and ever become concerned that you are too joyful and optimistic, grab any Kris Kristofferson cd, pick a song at random, dim the lights, and get a drink.
Problem solved.

Five cents, please.

Cathy is still doing well, in case you're wondering.

No comments: