Friday, November 16, 2007

Several Giant Steps For Cathy



I planned on posting more yesterday, but I got tied up with all of the sitting around and waiting at the hospital.
Cathy took a walk yesterday morning up and down the hallway, and is generally feeling better every day.
They took out the last of the drainage tubes, which wasn't pleasant, but that was the last of the "stuff" that she had inserted anywhere.
She keeps her Percocet updated regularly, and that helps manage the pain.

I got to go see Will (4) in his Thanksgiving Celebration at Decatur Presbyterian.
[The Decatur Presbyterian Community, has been wonderful to us in helping with the younger kids, and we have been happy to have our kids go there before they go to St. Thomas More for their elementary schooling.]

Will was very happy to see me, but not very happy not to be going home with me. He is probably having the hardest time of all the kids. He is old enough to know that he misses his mom, but can't really grasp the "it's just for a few days" concept.
He reported the other day the "My fingers are tired from counting the days..."

Cathy might be coming home this weekend, but as I write this, I'm not sure. The original estimate was Monday, but she seems to be exceeding all expectations.

I want to thank everyone for the calls, messages, emails, cards, flowers, and concerns that have gotten to us. We have gotten them all, but just haven't had a chance to do much direct responding.

Most people have asked how they can help.
Most of our need for help will happen when Cathy gets home and in the weeks after that, so we will post our needs here and contact people directly as they come up.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hello! We're an STM family that just found your blog. Please tell Cathy that Heather from church and the Glen Sale said "Hi!" and that we're all rooting for her. My offer to babysit or Cathysit still stands!